14th March 2013
Starter is finished. Although it did not move before disassembly, a thorough cleaning (sand blasting of exterior and dish washing powder for armature and field coils, coils were not removed from the housing) was enough. The only repair we did was straightening the shaft and a replating (zink) of the switch housing and starter rod. The switch is not jet assembled.
The starter passed the bench tests, all electrical connections are ok. We reused all parts, including the bushings.
It draw 38Amps. Be careful: Our normal 12V starter cable from my modern car was to weak, the wire burned trough.
We installed a fuse from Macs attached to the starter switch.
Repair and cleaning: