The original top was at sometime replaced by a huge panel of sheet metal. The corners were covered by two metal pieces. All parts have to be replaced.
January 4th 2014: The fence-like structure below the top is raplaced with a wire cloth normally used for fences for pets. See pictures on bottom of page. As anti noise material between wire cloth and wood we used parts of cheap tension belts.
September 19th 2014.
Roof installed, see bottom of page.
September 19th 2014
The roof is finished. For bending the top moulding we made a woode template. Unfortunately we took not enough care during the bending process so that the small gap in the middle of the moulding closed a little bit. Enough for the gap beeing to narrow for the nail heads. So the aluminium was damaged a bit during the nailing. This and that the molding was not unifomly shaped after closing the gap gave reason to use filler and sanding it down to a reasonable shape.
The fabric for the top we heated with a small heater normally used for babies to strech it more easily. We used the instructions of http://www.abarnyard.com/. A wonderful ressource.