In this newly added chapter (July 2014) we will describe the paint process. Here the plan we intend to follow:
1. Prime everything with branths "nitrofest" (already done during the restauration of the sheet metal).
2. Cleaning with silicon remover.
3. Filling with epoxy filler.
4. Sanding with 120-grit sandpaper (hand and machine sanding).
5. Prime again with "nitrofest".
6. Hand over parts to a professional Paintshop
All material we bought at .www.korrosionsschutz-depot.de
As everything is very rough and all sheet metals show many small dents and rust marks the result will be ok, but not as of the assembly line.
July 20th 2014
The steps 1 -4 are finished on the main body , but that took 2 month, it is very boring, and everything is covered with dust.
November 18th: All parts painted
September 19th 2014
Fenders, running boards and splash aprons are filled.
All parts are primed again and ready for the final paint.
The aluminium rails we treated with metal ready before painting.
We decided for pbvious reason to have the car painted professionally.
November 18th 2014
All parts are back from the paint shop.